cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

UA Connection to remote device

MS_9541139
1-Newbie

UA Connection to remote device

I am having issues with my OPC UA Connection with a Redlion Database station 3.1   Before of this Sunday everything was communicating but something has happened and I am wondering if anyone has run into this issue.  There are no error messages in the Event Log and it looks like the device connects to Kepware via the Clients status at the bottom of the app(you can see it toggle on/off when we pulled the Coom Cable).    There is no data being transferred.  Please let me know.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello

Please see if you can Powershell Test-NetConnect to the device on the port KEPServerEX is trying to use.

Powershell has a built in commandlet that can help prove or disprove TCP socket connectivity
Command Syntax: Test-NetConnection [host] -Port [port number]
Example: Test-NetConnection 255.255.255.255 -Port 502
If these do not succeed this issue is networking.

If it is true then you can install Wireshark on PC where KEPServerEX is installed and check what is preventing it to connect.

If the issue persist, I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware Technical Support team. Here is a link to the my kepware login page where a ticket can submitted:

https://my.kepware.com/s/login/

BR,

Raj

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello

Please see if you can Powershell Test-NetConnect to the device on the port KEPServerEX is trying to use.

Powershell has a built in commandlet that can help prove or disprove TCP socket connectivity
Command Syntax: Test-NetConnection [host] -Port [port number]
Example: Test-NetConnection 255.255.255.255 -Port 502
If these do not succeed this issue is networking.

If it is true then you can install Wireshark on PC where KEPServerEX is installed and check what is preventing it to connect.

If the issue persist, I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware Technical Support team. Here is a link to the my kepware login page where a ticket can submitted:

https://my.kepware.com/s/login/

BR,

Raj

Top Tags