cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Unable to establish communication between Kepware and Kepware using OPC UA.

AnudeepYenduri
7-Bedrock

Unable to establish communication between Kepware and Kepware using OPC UA.

We are trying to achieve communication from Kepware to Kepware, when i am trying to generate tags the following error is being encountered.
Failed to Connect to UA server 'opc.tcp://10.XX.XX.12:49320' for browsing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Please check if you can Powershell Test-NetConnect to the device on the port KEPServerEX is trying to use.

Powershell has a built in commandlet that can help prove or disprove TCP socket connectivity
Command Syntax: Test-NetConnection [host] -Port [port number]
Example: Test-NetConnection 255.255.255.255 -Port 502
If these do not succeed this issue is networking.

I would recommend you to start with security as "None" and verify OPC UA Client configuration also as per below article. 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS298913

If you are prompted to log in to view the complete article, you can use your MyKepware login credentials.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Articles:

Thanks @VladimirN  this helped in troubleshooting but didnt solve the issue, I have cross verified that all the things mentioned in the articles. Still issue remains same.

Please check if you can Powershell Test-NetConnect to the device on the port KEPServerEX is trying to use.

Powershell has a built in commandlet that can help prove or disprove TCP socket connectivity
Command Syntax: Test-NetConnection [host] -Port [port number]
Example: Test-NetConnection 255.255.255.255 -Port 502
If these do not succeed this issue is networking.

I would recommend you to start with security as "None" and verify OPC UA Client configuration also as per below article. 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS298913

If you are prompted to log in to view the complete article, you can use your MyKepware login credentials.

Hi @rajskumar 

This resolved my issue and now i was able to read the tags from Kepware to Kepware.

Top Tags