cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Unable to execute service BrowseGroups on (name of industrial thing)

jonasf
10-Marble

Unable to execute service BrowseGroups on (name of industrial thing)

Hi,

After connecting KEPServerEX 6 to ThingWorx (isConnected property is true) I want to import tags from devices running in Kepware to properties. Although I the the error of "Unable to execute service BrowseGroups on name of industrial thing" as seen in the picture below. What can be the root cause of this?

I get the same error when I try the manage remote bindings on the deviceThing.

Thank you in advance

2019-05-02_13-20-27.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jonasf
10-Marble
(To:slangley)

Hello again,

After recreating the industrial connection thing with the same parameters I was able to fix the problem. So it is solved, although I did not find the root cause of why the original thing did not execute the service. We considered it to be corrupted.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:jonasf)

Hi @jonasf.

Have you tested with the Administrator account to confirm it isn't a permissions issue?  Are you seeing any errors on the KEPServerEX side?

Regards.

--Sharon

jonasf
10-Marble

Hi,

I am not able to test as an administrator as the composer as the composer is ran centrally in the company. 

No error on the kepware server side. 

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:jonasf)

Hi @jonasf.

Can you work with the Administrator to verify it isn't a permissions issue?  If it is, you'll have to engage with the Administrator anyway to fix it.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @jonasf.

in regard to the issue you were having being unable to execute the BrowseGroups service, have you found a solution to the problem?  If so, please either mark the appropriate previous response as the Accepted Solution, or post a solution and mark that one for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

jonasf
10-Marble

Hello again,

After recreating the industrial connection thing with the same parameters I was able to fix the problem. So it is solved, although I did not find the root cause of why the original thing did not execute the service. We considered it to be corrupted.

Top Tags