cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Asset Advisor Performance Chart and Availability Issues

GP_9583553
4-Participant

Asset Advisor Performance Chart and Availability Issues

Background:

I have a few assets defined and some connected tags via KepServer. These tags have good quality and I can see their values updating in the Composer. I'll also note I have the status's of these assets configured, and I can watch the status change according to their definitions (I have seen the status change from Running to Unplanned Downtime correctly). The properties corresponding to the KepServer tags in the Asset_ Things are flagged as Logged (the ones of type Integer and Boolean anyways). Our ThingWorx version is 8.4.3.

The Problem:

The asset performance is not being updated. The availability remains stuck at 0% and the status chart shows Not Configured 100% of the time:

Performance.png

I get this error in the Mashup: 

ERROR - universalServiceTrigger, exception: triggerName: "UI_timelinechart-10_render", _evt: {"EventHandlerArea":"UI","EventHandlerId":"timelinechart-10","EventHandlerService":"render","EventTriggerArea":"Data","EventTriggerEvent":"ServiceInvokeCompleted","EventTriggerId":"GetStatusHistoryData","EventTriggerSection":"Things_PTC.SCA.SCO.AssetMonitor.AssetDetail.PerformanceMonitorController","Id":"2ff74a77-99c5-43f2-8c53-bd892e77ea7a"} Exception: Cannot read property '0' of undefined

In the Monitored Properties, the charts and property values are blank:

MonitoredProperties.png

I get these errors in the Mashup:

ERROR - Runtime exception handling data update for binding {"Id":"f160d457-3c76-4bee-9f9b-3570e2611ea5","PropertyMaps":[{"SourceProperty":"Units","SourcePropertyBaseType":"STRING","SourcePropertyType":"Data","TargetProperty":"Data","TargetPropertyBaseType":"ANYSCALAR"}],"SourceArea":"Data","SourceDetails":"AllData","SourceId":"GetAssetSensor","SourceSection":"Things_PTC.SCA.SCO.AssetMonitor.AssetDetail.MonitoredPropertiesController","TargetArea":"UI","TargetId":"valuedisplay-129","TargetSection":"","isBoundToSelectedRows":false} Exception: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined

ERROR - Error in invoking service Things_PTC.SCA.SCO.AssetMonitor.AssetDetail.MonitoredPropertiesController, GetAssetSensor, Things, PTC.SCA.SCO.AssetMonitor.AssetDetail.MonitoredPropertiesController, Services, GetAssetSensor. Error from the server: "Unable to Invoke Service GetAssetSensor on PTC.SCA.SCO.AssetMonitor.AssetDetail.MonitoredPropertiesController : com.thingworx.common.exceptions.DataAccessException: [2,006] Unknown error occurred. Contact the administrator if this re-occurs."

Let me know if any additional information would be useful. I appreciate any help you can offer!

1 REPLY 1

Hello,

I am following up on this post to see if this issue is still affecting you?  If so, it looks like the issue is caused by a configuration issue.  In the second error message, it says: Exception: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined.

Is it possible that in your input data there is a feature called length that is not being populated correctly and that is causing the issue downstream?

Warm Regards,

John

Top Tags