cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Automatic Tag Generation Refused Due to Active Client Connections

BP_8854355
4-Participant

Automatic Tag Generation Refused Due to Active Client Connections

I am having an issue getting an ODBC Client to generate tags. I already have the same setup working for two other tables, but this one is having issues. the full error is "Unable to generate a tag database for <MY DEVICE>:Automatic tag generation for device 'Chem_Results' refused due to active client connections". I can't find what is causing this error. The other two Devices on this channel work fine. The query is valid and pulls the data i expect it to when ran in the oracle sql developer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TF_7478154
5-Regular Member
(To:slangley)

Hi @BP_8854355,

This error occurs if Automatic Tag Generation is attempted while there are active client connections. Changes to the channel.device configuration can't be made while there are clients connected. Close all OPC client connections to the device and retry Automatic Tag Generation.

If this doesn't resolve your issue, please open a support ticket:
https://my.kepware.com/s/contactsupport

Regards,

Tom

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:BP_8854355)

Hi @BP_8854355.

Is the product Kepware?  Please confirm, so I can find the right resource to answer your question.

Regards.

--Sharon

BP_8854355
4-Participant

@slangley yes, this is a kepware product. KEPServerEX 6

TF_7478154
5-Regular Member

Hi @BP_8854355,

This error occurs if Automatic Tag Generation is attempted while there are active client connections. Changes to the channel.device configuration can't be made while there are clients connected. Close all OPC client connections to the device and retry Automatic Tag Generation.

If this doesn't resolve your issue, please open a support ticket:
https://my.kepware.com/s/contactsupport

Regards,

Tom

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:BP_8854355)

Hi @BP_8854355.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags