cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Automatic Tag Generation Refused Due to Active Client Connections

dbologna
11-Garnet

Automatic Tag Generation Refused Due to Active Client Connections

Hi

in KepServerEX6 I created a channel ODBC Client to get data from a Access database.

I created a Device for a table and successfully generated a tag.

Now I would like to get data from other tables.

I created another device (correct ? ) but the tag generation return error "Unable to generate a tag database for <MY DEVICE>:Automatic tag generation for device <MY DEVICE>' refused due to active client connections"

I read another topic , same error. The suggestion was to 'Close all OPC client connections to the device and retryAutomatic Tag Generation' but how can I verify the open connections and close them ?

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DSN does not allow you to create connection as it shows already in use on same channel. We recommend to create a separate channel with new device and try to generate tags.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

DSN does not allow you to create connection as it shows already in use on same channel. We recommend to create a separate channel with new device and try to generate tags.

Top Tags