cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Can I install KEPServerEX and ThingWorx on the same server?

vigneshmurthy
4-Participant

Can I install KEPServerEX and ThingWorx on the same server?

I have Thingworx and Kepware installed on the same server, but Remote thing is always disconnected when trying to bing a kepware tag in thingworx via the industrial gaeway

Re:  post

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @vigneshmurthy 

Sure you can install KEPServerEX and ThingWorx on single server. On Your Remote Things add a  ThingShape  'IndustrialThingShape' and on Properties and Alerts tab  set value for property  IndustrialThing and select  the Thing used to connect between ThingWork and KEPServerEX.

Capture101.PNG

Capture102.PNG

Thanks

Abhishek

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @vigneshmurthy 

Sure you can install KEPServerEX and ThingWorx on single server. On Your Remote Things add a  ThingShape  'IndustrialThingShape' and on Properties and Alerts tab  set value for property  IndustrialThing and select  the Thing used to connect between ThingWork and KEPServerEX.

Capture101.PNG

Capture102.PNG

Thanks

Abhishek

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:abhkumar)

Hi @vigneshmurthy.

To expand on Abhishek's response, while it is possible to run both Kepware and ThingWorx on the same machine, this is not a recommended configuration for a production environment.  Over time you may begin to experience performance issues, especially if you are also running the ThingWorx persistence provider on the same machine.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @vigneshmurthy.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags