cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Can I log the data to NoSQL database like MongoDb from KEPServerEx

harshadbhandure
5-Regular Member

Can I log the data to NoSQL database like MongoDb from KEPServerEx

Hello,

I am trying to log the data from KEPServerEx to MongoDB using MongoDB ODBC Driver and 

MongoDB Connector for BI. I am using Data Logger plug in for this.

I am able to add the DSN for MongoDB using this ODBC driver but when I start the logging it gives me below error:
 Unable to open recordset on log group 'LogGroup2'. Reason: parse sql 'SELECT * FROM "KepserverData"' error: unexpected STRING at position 30 near KepserverData 
Is it possible to log the data to NoSQL Db from KEPServerEx? 
Also, is there any different plugin that I can use?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello, 

Unfortunately we do not expect Kepware Server's DataLogger Plugin's ODBC implementation to be compatible with MongoDB's ODBC driver. We have not officially tested, however other customers who have tried have had similar experiences and direct connection hasn't been possible. Currently we do not have plans to add specific support to DataLogger for MongoDB, but you might be able to use an alternative method.

If ThingWorx is involved in your solution, then I'd recommend that you explore its direct integration with MongoDB. Kepware could use its AlwaysOn interface to stream the data to ThingWorx, at which point ThingWorx could be configured to store the values received in MongoDB. 

Additionally, you could use Node-RED and nodes attached to either Kepware's OPC UA server interface or IoT Gateway Plugin (MQTT Client or HTTP Server/Client). Also, I do not believe MongoDB has a native REST API that you could target directly with our HTTP Client Agent within the IoT Gateway Plugin, but you could explore the use of these REST API wrappers for MongoDB:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7386740/does-mongodb-have-a-native-rest-interface

We haven't tested these and can't speak to compatibility, but if you're interested in following up with our pre-sales support team about further help on this topic, you can send an email to presales.support@kepware.com.

Thanks, 
Sam

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello, 

Unfortunately we do not expect Kepware Server's DataLogger Plugin's ODBC implementation to be compatible with MongoDB's ODBC driver. We have not officially tested, however other customers who have tried have had similar experiences and direct connection hasn't been possible. Currently we do not have plans to add specific support to DataLogger for MongoDB, but you might be able to use an alternative method.

If ThingWorx is involved in your solution, then I'd recommend that you explore its direct integration with MongoDB. Kepware could use its AlwaysOn interface to stream the data to ThingWorx, at which point ThingWorx could be configured to store the values received in MongoDB. 

Additionally, you could use Node-RED and nodes attached to either Kepware's OPC UA server interface or IoT Gateway Plugin (MQTT Client or HTTP Server/Client). Also, I do not believe MongoDB has a native REST API that you could target directly with our HTTP Client Agent within the IoT Gateway Plugin, but you could explore the use of these REST API wrappers for MongoDB:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7386740/does-mongodb-have-a-native-rest-interface

We haven't tested these and can't speak to compatibility, but if you're interested in following up with our pre-sales support team about further help on this topic, you can send an email to presales.support@kepware.com.

Thanks, 
Sam

Hi @harshadbhandure.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

We appreciate your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

harshadbhandure
5-Regular Member
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley 

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation!

Top Tags