cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Can't find GetDescribedByDocumentsByOperationID when executing ConvertFromProcessPlanId

TomV
7-Bedrock

Can't find GetDescribedByDocumentsByOperationID when executing ConvertFromProcessPlanId

We're trying to pull process plans from windchill into the operator advisor data model.

We configured the necessary things and calling "getprocessplans" on the PTC.SCA.SCO.DefaultMPMLinkODataConnector works.

When trying to run the service ConvertFromProcessPlanId and pasting in a processplanid I got from the getprocessplans service however I get the error:

Error executing service ConvertFromProcessPlanId. Message :: TypeError: Cannot find function GetDescribedByDocumentsByOperationID in object com.thingworx.connectors.http.odata.ODataConnector@1867baa3. - See Script Error Log for more details.

When looking in the ODataConnector the service doesn't exist as the error states. When trying to add a route to the service the service isn't found either.

I tried adding namespaces like "Factory" and found some other rest services related to documents but not the one I need.

Does anybody have an idea what we did wrong and why the GetDescribedByDocumentsByOperationID  doesn't exist in our environment?

Thingworx version: 8.4.3

Operator advisor version: 8.4.1

Windchill:11.1 M020

windchill 11.1 mpmlink
windchill 1.3 REST Services

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hchanana
16-Pearl
(To:TomV)

Hi @TomV ,

In OA 8.4.1, MPMLink OData Connector thing (PTC.SCA.SCO.DefaultMPMLinkODataConnector) is deprecated and replaced by new MPMLink OData Connector thing (PTC.SCA.SCO.MPMLink_ODataConnector).

Also the MPMLink OData connector thing provided with Operator Advisor is not editable, you need to make a duplicate of PTC.SCA.SCO.MPMLink_ODataConnector thing and configure duplicate MPMLink OData connector thing to connect to the OData domain where all the Windchill MPMLink services reside.

Please refer ThingWorx Operator Advisor Guide for details.

Thanks,

Himanshu

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
hchanana
16-Pearl
(To:TomV)

Hi @TomV ,

In OA 8.4.1, MPMLink OData Connector thing (PTC.SCA.SCO.DefaultMPMLinkODataConnector) is deprecated and replaced by new MPMLink OData Connector thing (PTC.SCA.SCO.MPMLink_ODataConnector).

Also the MPMLink OData connector thing provided with Operator Advisor is not editable, you need to make a duplicate of PTC.SCA.SCO.MPMLink_ODataConnector thing and configure duplicate MPMLink OData connector thing to connect to the OData domain where all the Windchill MPMLink services reside.

Please refer ThingWorx Operator Advisor Guide for details.

Thanks,

Himanshu

TomV
7-Bedrock
(To:hchanana)

Thanks, This was the problem.

The operator advisor was upgraded from a previous version and the converter thing configuration still pointed to the old OData thing.

Top Tags