Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't generate tag from Microsoft SQL database

Level 5

Can't generate tag from Microsoft SQL database

I try to get data from Microsoft SQL database 2014 to Thingworx connectivity but it has error message " Failed to automatically generate tags for device 'Device1'."

I would like to know what is wrong in this case

please suggestion  me thank you.

3 REPLIES

Re: Can't generate tag from Microsoft SQL database

Hi @Nuttapol.

Please provide more details.  Is SQL Server configured as a data provider?  Are you using another app for pulling the data?  Is that the full error message or can you provide more details regarding the error?

Regards.

--Sharon

How should i do if i would like to get data from SQL database to Thingworx industrial connectivity. 

I do not use other software. I use Thingworx industrial connectivity only.

image.png

Hi Nuttapol,

This is a fairly common issue. There are a few things that could be at play.

Does the SQL server use Windows auth or Mixed mode? I am hoping you are going to say Mixed mode, and you have a SQL username and password.

Was the DSN configured as User or System DSN with the 32 bit version of SQL native client driver? Here I am hoping the answer is: Yes it’s a System DSN, built with the 32 bit SQL native client driver.

Is ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity’s runtime running as a service or in the interactive mode? The default is Service.

The ideal way to run is, as a service, to a system DSN, connecting to a SQL server that is using mixed mode auth, using your SQL username and password in the channel properties for the ODBC channel.

Rob