cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Communicate siemens s7-300 plc to SAP

whernandez
1-Newbie

Communicate siemens s7-300 plc to SAP

Hi guys, im a system integrator, and i need some guidance to communcate a siemens s7-300 to sap system.  I need to communicate some work orders (batch information) from inventory module from SAP to a siemens s7-300 PLC. I have experience working with opc systems before (kepware, matrikon, etc) but zero experience doing it to a SAP system. I would like to know what suite i need to use to acomplish this, i was reading and maybe i could use kepware snmp agent + siemens suite, (i understand i need to do some config and scripting) but i dont know how to do this, maybe some of you could guide me in this.

anything will be appreciated, thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Historically, SAP typically connects to our server instance via the OPC DA interface. If their installation of SAP does not have OPC client capabilities (which could write the tag values down into the S7-300 device directly), then we would not necessarily have any guidance on how to connect the two. That may be more of a question for SAP directly.

If SAP is leveraging SNMP, then using our SNMP Agent plugin to expose the tag values to SAP should work, but we would not have any information on how to configure it on the SAP side. 

Best regards,

Andy Servetas
Principal Technical Support Engineer | Kepware Technologies

Top Tags