cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Communication with OPC UA Server

rynaldi95
1-Newbie

Communication with OPC UA Server

Hi, 

I am Rynaldi. I have a B&R PLC running an OPC-UA Server and am trying to connect it somehow to Thingworx.

What is the possible way to do this actually? I've read several posts in the forums but they are mentioning different methods, such as using the OPC UA Client from the marketplace (which somehow I couldn't find anymore in the marketplace), using Kepware Server, using KepServerEx. So I'm confused what is the latest method to communicate with an OPC UA server running in a PLC actually?

I actually have access to the Thingworx Manufacturing Apps as well. Would that be any help for the OPC UA communication?

Later, I want to use this information in the Vuforia Studio actually. The idea is to get the real information from collected by the PLC and present this information in the AR Experience designed in Vuforia Studio. 

I would appreciate any help

Best regards,

Rynaldi Maydrian Lauren

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @rynaldi95 

You can refer the below link for connect to OPC servers

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_apps/r8.5/en/index.html#page/thingworx_apps/ThingWorxAppsSetupConfig/kepserverex_connections.html

Thanks

Gunjan Aneja

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:rynaldi95)

Hi @rynaldi95.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags