cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Connecting Thingworx Manufacturing App to OPC aggregator

pawanhb
1-Newbie

Connecting Thingworx Manufacturing App to OPC aggregator

Hello,

I am facing an issue while connecting Thingworx Manufacturing App to KepwareServerEx5.2.  

I performed below steps

1. Install OPC Aggregator

2. Install Thingworx manufacturing 8.4

3. Create a new Kepware legacy aggregator connection from Controls adviser. (entered Server name as KepEx5)

4. I got set of configuration settings which I need to configure in OPC aggregator. In these settings I find the thing name as KepEx5-GW

5. I entered these settings properly in OPC aggregator - Thingworx tab.

6. When I start the connection, event log shows connected to Thingworx using thing KepEx5-GW.

Below are issues

1. However I get error in event logs which states attempted to add "ProductName" failed.

Cannot add item "ProductName"

2. When I check under aggregator tab in thinworx controls advisor, status is unconnected. When I go to composer, I can see the thing KepEx5-GW is connected however, KepEx5 is not. How can I get the thing KepEx5 connected to OPC aggregator?

I am stuck with these issues for a while now.

Thank you.

Pawan

1 REPLY 1
SebB
12-Amethyst
(To:pawanhb)

Hey @pawanhb 

can you please clarify what are you try to connect to Thingworx, OPCAggregator or KepServer? 

If you try to connect KepServerV5 you have to use a legacy connection in Controls Advisor but if you try to connect OPCAggregator you should not use the legacy connection setting.

Seb

Seb
Principal Solution Experience Architect
PTC
Top Tags