cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Connection to ThingWorx failed error = could not initialize a secure socket connection.

seanccc
17-Peridot

Connection to ThingWorx failed error = could not initialize a secure socket connection.

Hi experts,

I'm trying the ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps according to the guide here: https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/configure-manufacturing-apps/configure-factory-simulator-data.

One of the steps is to open the DemoFactorySimulator.opf in Kepware, after this step I should see "ThingWorx Native Interface , Connected to Thingworx" in the Kepware's log console, however I see "ThingWorx Native Interface Connection to ThingWorx failed. | error = could not initialize a secure ".

My environment: OS:

• Windows server 2012 R2
  • Installation file: ThingWorx-Manufacturing-Apps-8.3.0-05.exe
  • Both of Thingworx and ThingWorx-Manufacturing-Apps are in the same machine, IP: 192.168.152.132, port: 9080

What I have verified:

Is there anyting else I missed for connecting to Thingworx ? could you advise ? Thank you Regards, Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SebB
12-Amethyst
(To:seanccc)

hey @seanccc 

your screenshot shows that your configuration for the Thingworx interface in KepServerEx tries to connect to port 8090 and not to 9080.

Seb

Seb
Principal Solution Experience Architect
PTC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SebB
12-Amethyst
(To:seanccc)

hey @seanccc 

your screenshot shows that your configuration for the Thingworx interface in KepServerEx tries to connect to port 8090 and not to 9080.

Seb

Seb
Principal Solution Experience Architect
PTC
seanccc
17-Peridot
(To:SebB)

Hi Seb,

Thank you for checking this. You're right , I made the mistake !  It works after correcting the port number . 

Regards,

Sean

Top Tags