cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to ThingWorx failed error = could not initialize a secure socket connection.

SOLVED
Level 7

Connection to ThingWorx failed error = could not initialize a secure socket connection.

Hi experts,

I'm trying the ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps according to the guide here: https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/configure-manufacturing-apps/configure-factory-s....

One of the steps is to open the DemoFactorySimulator.opf in Kepware, after this step I should see "ThingWorx Native Interface , Connected to Thingworx" in the Kepware's log console, however I see "ThingWorx Native Interface Connection to ThingWorx failed. | error = could not initialize a secure ".

My environment: OS:

• Windows server 2012 R2
  • Installation file: ThingWorx-Manufacturing-Apps-8.3.0-05.exe
  • Both of Thingworx and ThingWorx-Manufacturing-Apps are in the same machine, IP: 192.168.152.132, port: 9080

What I have verified:

Is there anyting else I missed for connecting to Thingworx ? could you advise ? Thank you Regards, Sean

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Connection to ThingWorx failed error = could not initialize a secure socket connection.

hey @seanccc 

your screenshot shows that your configuration for the Thingworx interface in KepServerEx tries to connect to port 8090 and not to 9080.

Seb

2 REPLIES

Re: Connection to ThingWorx failed error = could not initialize a secure socket connection.

hey @seanccc 

your screenshot shows that your configuration for the Thingworx interface in KepServerEx tries to connect to port 8090 and not to 9080.

Seb

Hi Seb,

Thank you for checking this. You're right , I made the mistake !  It works after correcting the port number . 

Regards,

Sean