Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to Thingworx failed

SOLVED

Connection to Thingworx failed

I installed both Thinngworx foundation server and Industrial Connectivity, version 8.3 trial. The Thingworx foundation server is working well, I can connect to composer in Browser. However, I tried to configure IC to connect to Thingworx, and then get an error: 

Date Time Level Source Event
1/8/2019 10:50:18 AM Error ThingWorx Native Interface Connection to ThingWorx failed. | Platform = localhost:80/Thingworx/WS, error = could not initialize a secure socket connection.

Thanks a lot!

001.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Connection to Thingworx failed

Hi @RV_7 ,

Can you set Disable Encryption to yes and try to connect.

If this does not work, additionally change localhost to 127.0.0.1 in the host property.

Thanks,

Himanshu

34 REPLIES 34

Hi @grantji,

Can you please validate your ThingWorx tomcat server port (80 in your case) is correct, the app key is valid. Also enable Trust all certificates and Trust self-sign certificates and reinitialize the KepServerEX

Regards,

Himanshu

Thanks for your reply. The port is 80, I connect to foundation server via "http://localhost/Thingworx/Composer/Apps/Composer/index.html#/modeler/details/ApplicationKey~Demo/attributes" The application key is correct as well. I have enabled Trust all certificates and Trust self-sign certificates. so fat it still doesn't work. how to reinitialize the KepServerEX? I exit the industrial connection and the start it again, right?

Hi @grantji,

You need to right click on KepServerEx icon on bottom right of your machine, you will get reinitialize option there.

Capture.JPG

Thanks,

Himanshu

It still doesn't work, thanks a lot anyway.

@hchanana

It still doesn't work. Thanks a lot anyway.

Hi @grantji,

Can you please share the ThingWorx application logs and event  logs of KepServerEX.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Highlighted

Thanks Himanshu, the attachment is event log of kepware, fyi. Where can I get the Thingworx application logs?

@hchanana, I sent a private message to you. You can connect to my machine via teamviewer if need. Thank you very much for spending time on my question.

Hi @grantji,

You can get the application logs in ThingworxStorage/logs folder.

Thanks,

Himanshu