cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Connection to Thingworx failed

grantji
6-Contributor

Connection to Thingworx failed

I installed both Thinngworx foundation server and Industrial Connectivity, version 8.3 trial. The Thingworx foundation server is working well, I can connect to composer in Browser. However, I tried to configure IC to connect to Thingworx, and then get an error: 

Date Time Level Source Event
1/8/2019 10:50:18 AM Error ThingWorx Native Interface Connection to ThingWorx failed. | Platform = localhost:80/Thingworx/WS, error = could not initialize a secure socket connection.

Thanks a lot!

001.png

34 REPLIES 34

Hi @grantji ,

Hope you are doing good.

In regard to this post, if the previous response provided you with the guidance you were looking for, please mark it as the Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Thanks,

Himanshu

RV_7
5-Regular Member
(To:hchanana)

Hi Himanshu,

I just installed both Industrial connectivity(8.4.66) and Thingworx foundation trial(8.4). Getting the same error as discussed in this thread. I have attached both my Thingworx instance and property of IC.

Please help me out!!!!logofIC.pngPropertyofIC.pngThingworxHost.png

Regards,

Raj

hchanana
16-Pearl
(To:RV_7)

Hi @RV_7 ,

Can you set Disable Encryption to yes and try to connect.

If this does not work, additionally change localhost to 127.0.0.1 in the host property.

Thanks,

Himanshu

RV_7
5-Regular Member
(To:hchanana)

Hi Himanshu,

It works. changing the host to '127.0.0.1' did the trick. 

Thanks,

Raj

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:grantji)

Hi @grantji.

Since a solution was found for the issue you were experiencing, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags