Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to Thingworx failed

Re: Connection to Thingworx failed

I just had the same problem, and replacing localhost with 127.0.0.1 also resolved it (thanks!). I have firewall switched off, so it must be something different, the way Kepserver resolves names I guess.

I also guess the problem related to Kepserver settings. I have changed the hosts file (enable the line "127.0.0.1 localhost" ) and switched the Windows Firewall off. Thanks!

@grantji  and @Rocko 

could you please give me the KepServerEx version that you are using.

I want to check with PM if that is an issue with KepServerEx.

Thanks Seb

With me, it's ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity Platform 8.4.66, Drivers are all 6.6.350.0.

@Rocko 

do you use windows server as OS?

Seb

No, it’s a windows 10 VM.
Hosts file maps localhost to 127.0.0.1.

We just tested it on Win 10 without issue but i faced the issue with Win server.

Thanks to all for your replies!

We will try to find the reason for this behavior and get back to you.

Seb

Hi Seb, I downloaded latest trial version on the official website. Just I checked the version of "Thingworx Industrial Connectivity", it is 8.3.65.  My OS is Windows Server 2012, installed on Virtual Machine. 

Grant

Hi @grantji ,

Hope you are doing good.

In regard to this post, if the previous response provided you with the guidance you were looking for, please mark it as the Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Hi Seb,

I would like to know if there is any progress from testing team? Thanks a lot in advance!

Grant