cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Control Advisor error: TagCountAboveLimit

zackp
6-Contributor

Control Advisor error: TagCountAboveLimit

Manufacturing App has trouble getting the latest values from Kepware. It is updated in Kepware Quick client but not in Thingworx. Found an error in Controls Advisor "TagCountAboveLimit", I do have close to 20K tags. Is the limit 10k for control advisor? What to do if there are more tags than 10k due to large number of machines in one factory. 

4 REPLIES 4
SebB
12-Amethyst
(To:zackp)

@zackp 

can you send an screenshot of the error please. Controls Advisor should not have a tag limit. How ever there is a performance limit for Thingworx to bind remote properties to one thing, depending on the server performance of Thingworx. It is also recommended to have split the tags inside kepware in different channels and not to bind everything to Thingworx if not necessary.

Seb

Seb
Principal Solution Experience Architect
PTC
zackp
6-Contributor
(To:SebB)

Here is the error I got. I have 19945 tags there but I only use about 30 tags to bind to properties. I am having problem where some key tag values are not updated. Some of the tags are 3,4 days old and not getting new value from Kepware. I checked Kepware using Quick Client; values there keep changing.

zackp
6-Contributor
(To:SebB)

Any updates? 

Another question, when you mention "there is a performance limit for Thingworx to bind remote properties to one thing", what is the limit? is it 20 tags for one thing or 200 tags? Is there a limit like this?

SebB
12-Amethyst
(To:zackp)

@zackp 

I dont know the exact number of properties that you can bind, but it depends also a lot on the frequency you push data to Thingworx from Kepware.

I found a part about the Tag Count Limit Alert in the installation guide that might help you (Page 107):

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/B4ECC4B78EBB4DAEAEF1C4D0308587BA.pdf?sc_lang=en

And here i the sizing guide for Thingworx that also contains helpful information to this topic:

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/BC2F28281E4142AFA6FC79EC49D9DBD3.pdf?sc_lang=en

Seb

Seb
Principal Solution Experience Architect
PTC
Top Tags