cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creating alert indicators on manufacturing apps 8.5.2

olatz
12-Amethyst

Creating alert indicators on manufacturing apps 8.5.2

Hello,

After analyzing Alert Viewer module of manufacturing apps I would like to develop a new module to view alert indicators, for example; top ten alerts of the day, week, mounth, ... The idea is to have a business intelligence for alerts.

Creating a new console tile is not a problem, my problem is related to business intelligence functionalities, is there an extension widget application or something to implement this type of indicators in manufacturing applications?

Thanks in advance.

Olatz.

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:olatz)

The Alerts used in Manufacturing apps are the OOTB alerts.

There is an AlertHistoryStream that you can query for those stats.

olatz
12-Amethyst
(To:PaiChung)

Hi PaiChung,

I have been searching the AlertHistoryStream in the forum and found this topic: https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Alert-history-Stream-Data/td-p/550442

From the previous topic, I understood that it does not work correctly because it is losing alerts when they occur at the same time. So, 

- AlertHistoryStream is the only "way" to get the information to develop alert indicators?

- Where can I found a demo (example things, services and mashups) with alert indicators?

Thanks in advance,

Olatz

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:olatz)

There is a known limitation to the Stream that the information is logged in, it can't enter items that have timestamps within 3 ms of each other.

This type of situation usually happens when your data is all transmitted at one and the same time and several of the properties all go into alert, or if you are using a script to evaluate data and are trying to push several entries into a stream at the same time.

Please evaluate your use case to understand 

1. the likelihood of this happening

2. the impact of any loss - usually if you have data coming in at once and several points generate an alert, then more likely than not, the issue  that caused the different properties to trigger an alert is one and the same.

To know how to work with the Alert stream, you can duplicate the Alert/Alert History mashups.

Top Tags