cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Custom status change and commenting

AndreaSteyn
11-Garnet

Custom status change and commenting

Hello,

I am trying to determine if Asset Advisor and Production Advisor meets my requirements.  I want to be able to change the default status of my asset if something happened on the plant and also add a comment to an asset to log any anomalies or things that occur on the plant. 

Is it possible to customize Asset Advisor to be able to override the default status in real time and add a comment?

I tried doing this in the free trail but if I try and add a label to the mashup it does not appear in the Asset Advisor dashboard in the App suite. Perhaps I am doing it incorrectly or I am not allowed to

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:AndreaSteyn)

Since I'm not sure about the full picture of this, but potentially additional properties can be added to the status evaluations that the user can fill in / set such that the equipment will go into one status or another.

As far as adding Comments, I believe you might be able to do that by using the ability to add additional properties to your assets, however there would be additional logic that clears those upon status changes.

That's a bit of a 'guess' but I think that could work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Hi, what is your exact use case?

And what are you trying to capture with the statuses and comments?

Out of the Box the statuses can be driven through tags / logic, although the labeling can't be changed too much.

Asset Advisor does run inside of Thingworx which is our application platform so you can extend Asset Advisor with custom development.

Hi PaiChung,

The user wants to be able to manually change the status if the reality on site is different than the conditions used to establish a particular status.

The user also wants to be able to add a comment to state more detail about the status that is applied to a particular asset.

Does this give more clarity?
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Since I'm not sure about the full picture of this, but potentially additional properties can be added to the status evaluations that the user can fill in / set such that the equipment will go into one status or another.

As far as adding Comments, I believe you might be able to do that by using the ability to add additional properties to your assets, however there would be additional logic that clears those upon status changes.

That's a bit of a 'guess' but I think that could work.

Thank you very much that gives some clarity. I will have a look to see if that works.

Top Tags