cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Customizing the Asset Filter List

ninja
6-Contributor

Customizing the Asset Filter List

Hi all,

I customized the filter option in the asset advisor by the following article and implemented all necessary bindings.

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_apps/r8.5/en/#page/thingworx_apps%2FThingWorxAppsCust%2Fcustomizing_the_asset_list_filtering.html%23

The filter does work with serialNumber and location,  but i want to use my own new properties (e.g. equipmentNumber). Can you help me how to implement the filter option with different properties ? 

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abhkumar
13-Aquamarine
(To:Iker)

Hi @Iker  @ninja 

At the moment, we don’t support filtering of Assets using custom properties (the ones that added to equipment directly or indirectly and do not shown in the AssetDataShape), It is an enhancement will be implemented  in future release of product .

The temporary solution for this is a hack and we don’t encourage it, adding the new properties in the DataShape by calling DataShapes["PTC.SCA.SCO.AssetDataShape"].AddFieldDefinition in a custom service.

Thanks

Abhishek

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Iker
6-Contributor
(To:ninja)

Hello,

I'm trying to do the same as you with no success. Where you able to do it finally?

Thanks in advance.

abhkumar
13-Aquamarine
(To:ninja)

Hi @ninja 

The customized filter option in the asset advisor , the filter works only with the properties  which are listed in Filed definition of PTC.SCA.SCO.AssetDataShape; however the DataShape is non-editable so you can't add your own new properties to the PTC.SCA.SCO.AssetDataShape.  I am working on this with R&D team on this i will keep you posted on this.

Thanks

Abhishek

Iker
6-Contributor
(To:abhkumar)

Hi Abhishek,

Any news on how to solve this problem?? I'm facing exactly the same problem and I still didn't find the solution. 

Thanks,

Iker

abhkumar
13-Aquamarine
(To:Iker)

Hi @Iker  @ninja 

At the moment, we don’t support filtering of Assets using custom properties (the ones that added to equipment directly or indirectly and do not shown in the AssetDataShape), It is an enhancement will be implemented  in future release of product .

The temporary solution for this is a hack and we don’t encourage it, adding the new properties in the DataShape by calling DataShapes["PTC.SCA.SCO.AssetDataShape"].AddFieldDefinition in a custom service.

Thanks

Abhishek

Iker
6-Contributor
(To:abhkumar)

Hi Abhishek,

I just tested your proposed temporary solution and worked perfectly. Thank you!

Regards,

Iker

Top Tags