cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Data migration if using manufacturing apps

bjagadesh
1-Newbie

Data migration if using manufacturing apps

In thingworx, when I need to migrate my assets to another system, I usually create an extension using the extension SDK.

If I used manufacturing apps to create my assets, how would I migrate data from one system to another? What projects and entities do I need to include?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mthakker
6-Contributor
(To:bjagadesh)

Hi Bala,

From the manufacturing apps main console, you can click the "hamburger menu" in the top left corner and select "Export Configuration and Data".

You can choose whether to export the configuration and the data, or just the configuration.

This can then be imported in a different instance of the manufacturing apps (provided it is licensed correctly) in the same manner, except you need to select "Import Configuration and Data."

Thanks,

Milan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
CRArko
17-Peridot

Hello, Bala Jagadesh.

I will find a resource who can help you out with this.

-- Craig A.

mthakker
6-Contributor

Hi Bala,

From the manufacturing apps main console, you can click the "hamburger menu" in the top left corner and select "Export Configuration and Data".

You can choose whether to export the configuration and the data, or just the configuration.

This can then be imported in a different instance of the manufacturing apps (provided it is licensed correctly) in the same manner, except you need to select "Import Configuration and Data."

Thanks,

Milan

Top Tags