cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

DemoFactoryPackage

tikegami
1-Newbie

DemoFactoryPackage

Hello,

It is under examining what we can do.

I downloaded it because I wanted to install [DemoFactory Package] in the environment where Express Install was done.
As I go through the instructions, there is no [Import configuration and data] in the [Administrator] menu in my environment.
What is the reason why I can not install?  Is it due to license or installation?

Nothing_ImportConfig.png

Regards,

takashi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hrajpal
13-Aquamarine
(To:tikegami)

Greetings Takashi,

The Express installer do not give you the option to Import Configuration and Data .

The issue is not with your installation . Its just the limitation of the Express Installer. Refer to ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps Guide https://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/173731/en/ThingWorxManufacturingAppsSetup_8-0-1.pdf ( Page No 7 - Understanding your Express or Developer Edition License )

Thanks,

Himesh Rajpal

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
hrajpal
13-Aquamarine

Greetings Takashi,

The Express installer do not give you the option to Import Configuration and Data .

The issue is not with your installation . Its just the limitation of the Express Installer. Refer to ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps Guide https://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/173731/en/ThingWorxManufacturingAppsSetup_8-0-1.pdf ( Page No 7 - Understanding your Express or Developer Edition License )

Thanks,

Himesh Rajpal

Hello Himesh.

Long time no reply, sorry.
Since my PC environment is internally unified in Thingworx Ver. 7.3, Ver. Up to 8.0 can not be done. For this reason, I use AWS to install Manufacturing Apps and try it.
After installing with Express Installer, I installed Extension,
There is no [Import configuration and data] in the [Administrator] menu in my environment.
Is not this way useless?

Best Regards,
Takashi

hrajpal
13-Aquamarine

Greetings Takashi,

Express Installer does not provide option to import configuration and data .

For Manufacturing Apps, the required ThingWorx version is 8.0.1.  Using this version you can import the Manufacturing Apps Extensions and then you can go ahead and import the DemoFactoryPackage.

Regards,

Himesh Rajpal

Hello Himesh.

Thank you as always.

As you received your response, I installed Thingworx_8_0_1.

Since problems occurred, I wrote down.

Importing ThingworxManufacturingApps - 8.0.0 - 00 - extension - dependencies does not cause problems.

When you import ThingworxManufacturingApps - 8.0.0 - 00 - extension,

As a result, the following error appears.

"AppHomePage-extension is licensed but can not find feature in license.bin file."

I confirmed this community, but it will not reach a solution.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Manufacturing-Apps/AppHomePage-extension-license/m-p/512134

(Will you get a license from a dealer?)

I wrote to the community for details.

Best Regards,

takashi

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi Takashi.

I have forwarded a new 90-day license file to your email account.  Please remember to rename the file to license.bin.  Tomcat will also need to be restarted once the new file is in place.

It is recommended that you retain the existing license.bin file in case of issues.

Regards.

--Sharon Langley-Anderson

Hello Sharon

Thank you for sending the license file. I could install without problems.
There is no problem communicating with KepServer.
Now I am challenging DemoFactory Package.

Best regards,
takashi

acc
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Hello Sharon,

Can you forward the timed license for me? I just want to import DemoFactoryPackage and explore on Manufaturing App...

Regards,

Ang

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:acc)

Hi Ang.

From a review of your entitlements, it does not appear that you have purchased a license for the Manufacturing app.  Therefore, providing you with the 90-day license will not allow you to gain access to download the software.

However, a 30-day freemium version of the product is available at the following site:  ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps | PTC

Please check out the following with more information:  Getting Started with the ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps Community

--Sharon

Top Tags