cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Error installing Mfg Apps extension.

emoreira
12-Amethyst

Error installing Mfg Apps extension.

I am using TWX 8.1 and I tried to install the MFG Apps extension but I am having an issue. There's some null pointer exception:

error0.png

Here's what I see in the log.

error1.pngAny idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:emoreira)

Hi @emoreira.

For the sake of others on the community, the resolution in this case was to create a new database instance.  After doing so, the Mfg apps extension imported successfully.

If you agree with this solution, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mapathak
12-Amethyst

Hello  emoreira, 

Would you please confirm if you Import the files contained in the ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps extension in the following order:

1. ThingworxManufacturingApps-8.1.2-xx-extension-dependencies.zip
  2. ThingworxManufacturingApps-8.1.2-xx-extension.zip

Also What's the version of Apache Tomcat you are using ? Kindly make sure you have all software should be compatible with the minimum required version mentioned in the System requirement guide(Attached)

for ThingWorx 8.1 (Mentioned in description)

It would be great if you can share the Application logs of the exact time frame. ?

Thanks &  Regards,

Manoj Pathak

emoreira
12-Amethyst
(To:mapathak)

Tomcat is 8.5.23 and Java is 1.8.151. I installed the dependencies successfully and the extension ThingworxManufacturingApps-8.1.2-xx-extension.zip is failing.

Everything else is OK

mapathak
12-Amethyst

Thanks for the update, 

May i request you the share the Application logs of the exact time frame(Under Thingworx storage) along with your license_capability_response.bin and platform-setting.json file (under Thingworx platform)  ?

Thanks & Regards, 

Manoj Pathak

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @emoreira.

For the sake of others on the community, the resolution in this case was to create a new database instance.  After doing so, the Mfg apps extension imported successfully.

If you agree with this solution, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question

Top Tags