cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Error on already installed postgres vm

burak
10-Marble

Error on already installed postgres vm

Hi all,

I downloaded Thingworx Manufacturing App 8.2.1 from developer portal. When I was trying to install, I got below error. I installed Thingworx 8.3.0, KepServer and PostgresSQL. I don't want to uninstall programs. Are there any workaround solution? 

Regards,tw_error.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:burak)

Hi @burak.

Thank you for using our community.

The trial version of ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps is intended for customers who are evaluating use of the software in their environments, and has therefore been designed for ease of installation.   Since this version includes PostgreSQL, it will not install if a separate instance of PostgreSQL is detected on your system.  There is no workaround available short of removing the existing instance or installing on another machine.

Regards.

--Sharon

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:burak)

Hi @burak.

Thank you for using our community.

The trial version of ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps is intended for customers who are evaluating use of the software in their environments, and has therefore been designed for ease of installation.   Since this version includes PostgreSQL, it will not install if a separate instance of PostgreSQL is detected on your system.  There is no workaround available short of removing the existing instance or installing on another machine.

Regards.

--Sharon

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:slangley)

If you do decide to purchase the Manufacturing apps, there is a separate path to install the full version where you can install the apps into your existing Thingworx deployment

burak
10-Marble
(To:slangley)

Thank you so much for your answer.

Top Tags