cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Error "Could not load "PTC.Factory.KEPServerEX.ListServers". Reason: 403 - You don't have a valid license"

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Error "Could not load "PTC.Factory.KEPServerEX.ListServers". Reason: 403 - You don't have a valid license"

Hi there

I have imported the extension in my ThingWorx 8.0.1.

Configure Kepserver with the info presented, but when I try to access the app mashup I get the error:

Could not load "PTC.Factory.KEPServerEX.ListServers". Reason: 403 - You don't have a valid license. Ask your administrator for access to the following license feature: twx_mfg_common

However when I check my license I do have twx_mfg_common:

ManufAppLicense.png

Could you tell me what can be wrong ?

Thanks

Christophe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Christophe,

Okay, yes I can see I overlooked that the license was already present.

Please confirm, did you import both extensions? (ThingworxManufacturingApps-8.0.0-00-extension-dependencies.zip and ThingworxManufacturingApps-8.0.0-00-extension.zip)

Have you closed the Composer window and restarted Tomcat?

Best regards,

Steven Marchessault

Technical Support Engineer | Kepware Technologies

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Christophe,

It is necessary to also obtain a new license file and manually place it in the root/Thingworx directory.  Please refer to the more detailed steps outlined in the 'Installing ThingWorx 8.0' guide:

https://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/173731/en/ThingWorxManufacturingAppsSetup_8-0-1.pdf

"..3. If you have not already done so, create a folder called ThingworxPlatform at the root of the drive where Tomcat was installed. NOTE: Ensure the ThingWorx server has Read and Write access to the ThingworxPlatform and ThingworxStorage folders. Without these permissions, the server will fail to start.

4. Obtain the license.bin file from the PTC Support site:

a. Log into the PTC Support site.

b. Click Manage Licenses.

c. Click PTC ThingWorx>PTC Licensing Tool.

d. Click Download.

5. Rename the file to license.bin and place it in the ThingworxPlatform folder. NOTE: Failure to place the license.bin in the ThingworxPlatform folder will result in ThingWorx not starting after deployment."

6. After following these steps, be sure to close the Composer window and restart Tomcat.

Do you find you are still seeing the same error?

Best regards,

Steven Marchessault

Hi Steven

Thank you for your prompt answer.

I already have the license.bin under /ThingworxPlatform folder, this is what the output of service GetCurrentLicenseInfo is showing in my previous post.

but I still get the error

Thanks

Christophe

Hi Christophe,

Okay, yes I can see I overlooked that the license was already present.

Please confirm, did you import both extensions? (ThingworxManufacturingApps-8.0.0-00-extension-dependencies.zip and ThingworxManufacturingApps-8.0.0-00-extension.zip)

Have you closed the Composer window and restarted Tomcat?

Best regards,

Steven Marchessault

Technical Support Engineer | Kepware Technologies

Hi

Thank you, indeed a restart fixed that problem for me ... I should have tried that first !!

Kind regards

Christophe

mthakker
6-Contributor
(To:cmorfin)

Hi Christophe,

What user are you currently logged in as?  I would recommend logging in as the default "Administrator" user, as any other users (specifically the ones created by you) will not have access to the apps unless you add them to the "Controls Engineer," "Production Manager," or "Maintenance Engineer" groups.

Thanks!

Milan

Top Tags