cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Error sending notifications on Alert

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite

Error sending notifications on Alert

I am also getting this error.  Are you generating alerts based on a KEPServer/Industrial connection?  I found that if you put the User tied to this connection in the Administrators group, the alerts will send email notifications.

I think OOTB Manufacturing Apps sets the default user for KEPServer connections to "Administrator", but for security we created a separate user and gave permissions per: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS279741 

I've been trying to play with permissions to get the email to trigger, but I'm thinking it might be a background setting that we don't have aaccess to.

4 REPLIES 4

PTC is recommending not to use an administrator application key for Production instances. But when we configure the permission for the KEPServerEX/ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity using a non-Administrator Application Key we get the following error when an alert triggers an email notification.

Error sending notification for Notification Handler PTC.SCA.Common.AlertNotification.MailServer Entity [PTC.SCA.Common.AlertNotification.MailServer] service [Notify] requires Administrator privileges

Could you please provide the visibility/permissions needed for a non-Administrator Application Key be able to send the alert to the recipients.

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite
(To:Ascherer17)

Is there any advice on overcoming this permissions issue if we prefer not to use an Administrator user for our KEPServer connections?  

@Ascherer17 , seems that we are the only ones following PTC's recommendations to not give admin rights to the kepserverex user in a production instance and having errors with this user because in order to send an alert notification via email using this user, the user needs administrator privileges.

Does anyone else have seen this error?

"Error sending notification for Notification Handler PTC.SCA.Common.AlertNotification.MailServer Entity [PTC.SCA.Common.AlertNotification.MailServer] service [Notify] requires Administrator privileges"

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite
(To:Ascherer17)

Bumping for support or suggestion from PTC.

Top Tags