cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Exporting my work in Manufacturing App

Sri1
13-Aquamarine

Exporting my work in Manufacturing App

Hi,

I am building an application up on manufacturing app by adding extra tails and have also done some configuring changes.

Now i want to transfer this development on another instance, how do i export the complete Application?

- I tried export option in Manufacturing and imported in another instance, didn't work. 

- I wanted to export the Manufacturing App project from the composer, but was suggested that it won't work.

- Instead i was told to export tag wise in the composer to cover all the entities of my project.

1)  I maintained same tag name to all my extra development, which can be exported.

2) And for Manufacturing App ,there is a common tag name using which i can export. 

I am not able to determine this common tag, there are tags with various vocabulary  names. 

How do i export my project (with Manufacturing App) from one instance and import it to another instance keeping all the configurations and data? 

Any suggestions? 

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Sri1)

Hi @Sri1.

What version of ThingWorx/Mfg Apps are you running?  When you exported/imported from Manufacturing Apps, did you check the logs for errors?

We're not totally understanding the issue you're encountering when exporting based on tags in Composer.  Please provide the Application log for review.

Regards.

--Sharon

Sri1
13-Aquamarine
(To:slangley)

Hi,

ThingWorx Version - 8.4.5-b102
ThingWorx Apps - 8.4.3-00

I couldn't get the logs for now.

But can you suggest the right way of doing this task.

Thanks and regards,

Sri1

abhkumar
13-Aquamarine
(To:Sri1)

Hi @Sri1 

Could you please elaborate your statement ,  what you have build on the the top of manufacturing app by adding extra tails and have also done some configuring changes? Accordingly we can suggest you right way for  export/ import for your  development work.

If you have added assets and properties you take that in excel export and import it back in different instance. As shown below.Capture.PNG

Additionally, you can  export/import configuration and data from hamburger Menu, as shown below.

abhkumar_0-1582056340134.png

Thanks

Abhishek

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:abhkumar)

Hi @Sri1.

If the previous response provided by Abhishek helped you to resolve your issue, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question. If you are still searching for a solution, please provide additional details of your issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags