cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to get assets in Asset Advisor

rsubramanya
4-Participant

How to get assets in Asset Advisor

I am trying to create a Thing template using the base template PTC.ISA95.EquipmentThingTemplate. I am trying to add the following Thingshapes: 

1. PTC.Factory.PhysicalAssetThingShape

2. PTC.SCA.SCO.AssetIdentifierThingShape

3. PTC.SCA.SCO.StatusThingShape

4. PTC.ISA95.IdentifierThingShape

5. PTC.SCA.SCO.MonitoredPropertiesThingShape

This is mentioned in the Thingworx Apps Customization Guide.

However I am unable to add Thingshapes 2,4 and 5. I am getting an error which says "Name Conflict Detected. Cannot add Thingshape". Please resolve this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SebB
12-Amethyst
(To:rsubramanya)

@rsubramanya 

as you already doing, you can follow the customization guide from page 22 to create your own equipment type template. 

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/B4ECC4B78EBB4DAEAEF1C4D0308587BA.pdf?sc_lang=en

Please note that the instructions on page 22 is describing that you CAN use PTC.ISA95.EquipmentThingTemplate as base template OR you add the listed shapes to a template with a different base template: 

"Create a new thing template for each new equipment type. You can use PTC.ISA95.EquipmentThingTemplate as the Base Thing Template for your new thing template, or your new thing template can implement the required thing shapes and any additional thing shapes needed for specific functionality that you want on the equipment. An individual thing template should be associated with only one equipment type."

Seb

Seb
Principal Solution Experience Architect
PTC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SebB
12-Amethyst

@rsubramanya 

the error message you are describing is pointing to a name conflict for properties or services that are already on the template. Make sure that properties and services on your template are not using the same name like properties and services in the shapes.

Seb

Seb
PTC
SebB
12-Amethyst

@rsubramanya ,

i just check in one of my instances. The PTC.ISA95.EquipmentThingTemplate already has this ThingShapes assigned. Because you are using this a base template the properties you are trying to add with the Shapes already exist.

Seb

Seb
PTC
rsubramanya
4-Participant
(To:SebB)

Thanks for answering @SebB 

The Thingshapes that are already a part of PTC.ISA95.EquipmentThingTemplate are IdentifierThingShape and MonitoredPropertiesThingShape. AssetIdentifierThingShape is not included in the template. 

Even if all the Thingshapes are already included, let me know how to create assets in the Manufacturing Apps asset advisor which inherit a ThingTemplate having base template as PTC.ISA95.EquipmentThingTemplate. 

SebB
12-Amethyst

@rsubramanya 

as you already doing, you can follow the customization guide from page 22 to create your own equipment type template. 

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/B4ECC4B78EBB4DAEAEF1C4D0308587BA.pdf?sc_lang=en

Please note that the instructions on page 22 is describing that you CAN use PTC.ISA95.EquipmentThingTemplate as base template OR you add the listed shapes to a template with a different base template: 

"Create a new thing template for each new equipment type. You can use PTC.ISA95.EquipmentThingTemplate as the Base Thing Template for your new thing template, or your new thing template can implement the required thing shapes and any additional thing shapes needed for specific functionality that you want on the equipment. An individual thing template should be associated with only one equipment type."

Seb

Seb
PTC
Top Tags