cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to install ThingWorx Platform/Composer

wcsaravanan
6-Contributor

How to install ThingWorx Platform/Composer

Hi All,

I am new to PTC ThingWorx and started to  learn each components.

Now I want to configure Operator Advisor with Windchill MPMLink. I don't how to achieve this. Please help me.

Do I need ThingWorx platform/Composer to  configure Operator Advisor? if yes, then please share the ThingWorx platform/Composer  installation steps.

Thanks

Saravanan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:wcsaravanan)

Hi @wcsaravanan.

Some additional information here......

Operator Advisor is now included with the installation of ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps 8.5.  If you are installing a previous version of ThingWorx, Operator Advisor is installed as a separate extension.

The upgrade process from ThingWorx/Manufacturing Apps 8.4 to 8.5 can be complicated.  Therefore, I recommend that due to changes that have occurred between Thingworx 8.4 and 8.5 affecting Manufacturing Apps/Operator Advisor, that you start with ThingWorx 8.5 and then install the Manufacturing Apps 8.5 extension which includes Operator Advisor.

Note that you must maintain consistency between versions.  For example, if you are installing ThingWorx 8.5, you must install ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps 8.5.  If installing ThingWorx 8.4, you must install ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps 8.4.  While the installation may be successful if you mix versions, the functionality will be impacted.  Here is a link to the installation instructions for Manufacturing Apps.  Please start with these instructions which will call the ThingWorx installation instructions when you get to that point.

Lastly, please make sure you are conforming with the system requirements for the appropriate version. 

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
InfinityX
14-Alexandrite
wcsaravanan
6-Contributor
(To:InfinityX)

Thank you. I will follow the help center to install ThingWorx foundation.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @wcsaravanan.

Some additional information here......

Operator Advisor is now included with the installation of ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps 8.5.  If you are installing a previous version of ThingWorx, Operator Advisor is installed as a separate extension.

The upgrade process from ThingWorx/Manufacturing Apps 8.4 to 8.5 can be complicated.  Therefore, I recommend that due to changes that have occurred between Thingworx 8.4 and 8.5 affecting Manufacturing Apps/Operator Advisor, that you start with ThingWorx 8.5 and then install the Manufacturing Apps 8.5 extension which includes Operator Advisor.

Note that you must maintain consistency between versions.  For example, if you are installing ThingWorx 8.5, you must install ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps 8.5.  If installing ThingWorx 8.4, you must install ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps 8.4.  While the installation may be successful if you mix versions, the functionality will be impacted.  Here is a link to the installation instructions for Manufacturing Apps.  Please start with these instructions which will call the ThingWorx installation instructions when you get to that point.

Lastly, please make sure you are conforming with the system requirements for the appropriate version. 

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

Alessio
15-Moonstone
(To:slangley)

Hi @wcsaravanan,

when you follow the instructions at the link provided by Sharon:

1. Please pay attention to the step that says "Ensure that the ThingWorx Remote Access Extension 1.1.0 is imported"
  2. Also remember to execute the steps in "Post Import Database Configurations"
  3. And when it comes to the section "Access ThingWorx Apps" please consider that you can authenticate only if the browser session is not already authenticated to the ThingWorx Composer. In this case, open a different browser session or close the broswer and reopen it (I guess this is a bug and has already been reported)
  4. Then you have to configure Operator Advisor, by looking at this page 

Thanks,

Alessio

Top Tags