cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Import Excel file and show in infotable

SaranKarthick
16-Pearl

Import Excel file and show in infotable

Hi Team,

ThingWorx Manufacturing and Service Apps 8.3.0 & Operator Advisor Beta are Available for Download!

In the above article you had mentioned under Asset Advisor category there is "Equipment Export/Import via Excel" feature available.

Currently i'm working on a functionality where the user will upload an excel file (not csv) which i have to then parse and show it in an infotable.

I have checked through the community and i came to know about the "Data Export Extension" which can export the infotable as excel file but this is opposite to my use case. 

Since import via Excel feature is available in Asset Advisor can you explain how i can leverage this feature i.e. Thing name and service description, etc.

Thanks and Regards,

Saran   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SebB
12-Amethyst
(To:SaranKarthick)

Hey @SaranKarthick 

there are multiple things in the MFG apps that have services for the import and export process:

• PTC.SCA.SCO.Common.ImportExportEquipmentUtils
  • PTC.SCA.SCO.Common.ParseExcelProcessor
  • PTC.SCA.SCO.Common.ImportValidator
  • PTC.SCA.SCO.Common.ImportProcessor

The Parse Excel Processor has a "ParseImportFile" service that is used to parse the Excel format for the import services. You can customize this services to fit to your specific requirements and Excel structure.

Here in the customization guide on page 43 you can find more information: 

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/B4ECC4B78EBB4DAEAEF1C4D0308587BA.pdf?sc_lang=en

Seb

Seb
Principal Solution Experience Architect
PTC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SebB
12-Amethyst
(To:SaranKarthick)

Hey @SaranKarthick 

there are multiple things in the MFG apps that have services for the import and export process:

• PTC.SCA.SCO.Common.ImportExportEquipmentUtils
  • PTC.SCA.SCO.Common.ParseExcelProcessor
  • PTC.SCA.SCO.Common.ImportValidator
  • PTC.SCA.SCO.Common.ImportProcessor

The Parse Excel Processor has a "ParseImportFile" service that is used to parse the Excel format for the import services. You can customize this services to fit to your specific requirements and Excel structure.

Here in the customization guide on page 43 you can find more information: 

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/B4ECC4B78EBB4DAEAEF1C4D0308587BA.pdf?sc_lang=en

Seb

Seb
Principal Solution Experience Architect
PTC
Top Tags