cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Installing the extension ThingWorx-Apps-8-5-2-extension-bundle on ThingWorx 8.5.4-b222 fails

pjahn
16-Pearl

Installing the extension ThingWorx-Apps-8-5-2-extension-bundle on ThingWorx 8.5.4-b222 fails

The installation of the extensions fails with several error messages. ThingWorx is installed with MS SQL Server. Dependencies have been installed already. Also Asset Remoting has been installed before.

pjahn_0-1585295965238.png

It is not the extension import policy in platform_settings.json.

Does anyone have a hint?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
pjahn
16-Pearl
(To:pjahn)

Solved.
Double slashes written by the installer for the path to ThingWorx Storage in platform_settings.json are causing the problem. I am sure there will be a fix by PTC soon.
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:pjahn)

Hi @pjahn.

Please provide specifics on the change you made in platform-settings.json.  I would like to test this and create a case for engineering if one does not already exist.

Regards.

--Sharon

pjahn
16-Pearl
(To:slangley)

Sure.

Before (importing the extensions failed):

pjahn_0-1585312921211.png

Fixed (importing the extensions works):

pjahn_1-1585312962129.png

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @pjahn.

Thanks for providing that information.  I have tested twice but have not been able to recreate the issue you reported.

Did you make any other changes that might account for the ability to resolve it?  Can you provide more information regarding your environment, such as o/s version, etc.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @pjahn.

I just wanted to follow up again to see if you could provide some additional information around this issue.  Please let me know if you still need assistance.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags