cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Invalid child path: Child path failed validation

gch
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

Invalid child path: Child path failed validation

Hello, 

I would like to import the data and configuration from an old server to a new one. The old server is using the Thingworx / Manufacturing app 8.5.1. The new one is using Thingworx 8.5.3-b123 with the manufacturing apps 8.5.2.

The manufacturing apps has been customized, it has been successfully imported to Thingworx. But I'm not able to import the configuration in the Manufacturing apps, I'm getting the following error: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS309480

I do not understand the response, what is necessary to do?

Description

• Trying to import extension into ThingWorx the following error is occurring:
message: com.thingworx.security.io.ValidationException: Invalid child path: Child path failed validation

Resolution

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gch
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:ganeja)

Hi,

we do not have any path defined anywhere (or we shouldn't..), We are just trying to import the configuration in the manufacturing app. We took another way: we exported the equipment and imported it from the configuration mashup in the manufacturing app. Then we exported and imported the corresponding Thing and Value Stream from the composer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ganeja
11-Garnet
(To:gch)

Hi @gch !

As you mentioned that you have done some customization work , there might be some internal path reference inside the custom extension code which need to be changed according to the newer server directory structure . 

My recommendation is to try to validate them .

Thanks

Gunjan Aneja

gch
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:ganeja)

Hi,

we do not have any path defined anywhere (or we shouldn't..), We are just trying to import the configuration in the manufacturing app. We took another way: we exported the equipment and imported it from the configuration mashup in the manufacturing app. Then we exported and imported the corresponding Thing and Value Stream from the composer.

Top Tags