cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

KPI & Shift analysis

gch
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

KPI & Shift analysis

Hello,

I'm planning to customize the manufacturing app shift management (using §'Configuring KPI Calculation' of the documentation). I would create the schedules & shifts and overwrite the shift manager in order to consider the current day of the week. I'm still looking for the right service to overwrite for that, but my problem is another:

I cannot find a place where the KPIs are displayed per shift / with shift information or filter. Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nsampat
17-Peridot
(To:gch)

@gch ,

Thank you for clarifying your desired design outcome.

Based on this, there is no out of the box functionality to achieve this and would require a custom dashboard.

You will need to create a service that pulls the UIDs based on a subscription for the days you want to associate with them. From there you can create a new dashboard to display the information.

Regards,

Neel

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
nsampat
17-Peridot

Hello @gch ,

Thank you for posting your question to the PTC Community.

Can you verify what version of MFG Apps you are using, so that I may provide the proper response to your inquiry?

The PTC HelpCenter has a topic that may be of assistance to you for this goal, which can be found here:

Mfg Apps 9.1 https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/apps/r9.1/en/#page/thingworx_apps%2FCustomizing_the_Apps%2Fdefining_sites_shift_schedules_and_shifts.html

Mfg Apps 9.0

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/apps/r9.0/en/#page/thingworx_apps%2FCustomizing_the_Apps%2Fdefining_sites_shift_schedules_and_shifts.html

Mfg Apps 8.5

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_apps/r8.5/en/#page/thingworx_apps%2FThingWorxAppsCust%2Fconfiguring_kpi_calculation.html

Regards,

Neel

gch
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:nsampat)

Hello, 

we are using the manufacturing apps 9.1. I'm using the given link to develop the shift management. But I miss the KPI dashboard displaying shift information.

nsampat
17-Peridot

Hello @gch ,

Did you complete the step where you have to associate the equipment to the shift schedule?

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/apps/r9.1/en/#page/thingworx_apps%2FCustomizing_the_Apps%2Fassociating_equipment_to_shift_schedules.html%23

The KPI dashboard requires to have a ShiftScheduleUID associated to the equipment in Properties and Alerts in composer.

Another item, make sure you save each change so that it will persist.

@hchanana , do you have any other recommendations for this user to check?

Regards,

Neel

gch
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:nsampat)

Hi,

I have a shift schedule per day. So I made the following structure in the database:

- Schedule Type 1 - UID1 (empty schedule)

- Schedule Type 1 Monday - UID2: Shift1, Shift2

- Schedule Type 1 Tuesday- UID3: Shift 3, Shift4, Shift5

[...]

- Schedule Type 1 Sunday- UID8:...

- Schedule Type 2 - UID9 (empty schedule)

- Schedule Type 2 Monday - UID10: Shift21, Shift22

[...]

The asset get the UID of the empty container. I have to overwrite the function returning the shift of a given id in the shift manager. I will replace the UID of the empty schedule with the one corresponding to the current day:

On Monday I would replace UID1 with UID2 and UID9 with UID10

Is there any dashboard to compare two shifts?

nsampat
17-Peridot

@gch ,

Thank you for clarifying your desired design outcome.

Based on this, there is no out of the box functionality to achieve this and would require a custom dashboard.

You will need to create a service that pulls the UIDs based on a subscription for the days you want to associate with them. From there you can create a new dashboard to display the information.

Regards,

Neel

Top Tags