cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Kepware Tag not connected

drluggo
4-Participant

Kepware Tag not connected

I was able to get my KepServerEX connected to ThigWorx.

I am now trying to add a Kepware tag bound to a property in ThigWorx.  In Thingworx I am able to Broswe and find the Kepware tag that I want to bind.  I go through the process and see that the data is not updating in Thingworx.  I notice that the IsConnected property is not True, but I do not know what more needs to be done to have it connect.  The screenshot attached shows the tag I am talking about.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Greetings @drluggo,

Thanks for the additional screenshots. In the KEPServerEX Event Log, the error " Error adding item. | Item name: ". " is typically seen when Legacy Mode is enabled in KEPServerEX, but the Legacy Mode connection is not being used in ThingWorx. This setting exists mainly for connections with ThingWorx 7.4 or older, with the use of the "RemoteKEPServerEXThing" Thing Template. Unless you are using this older connection method, you will want to have Legacy Mode off.

To change this, open the KEPServerEX Project Properties > select the ThingWorx property group > set Legacy Mode to Disable.

For more information on version compatibility, and the Legacy Mode setting, see this post:

ThingWorx / KEPServerEX version compatibility chart

After making this change, do you find your connection and Property updates to the IndustrialThing are now successful?

Best regards,

Steven M

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Greetings @drluggo,

If you return to the IndustrialGateway (IndConn_Server), what is the status of the IsConnected Property for this?

In the KEPServerEX Event Log, do you see any messages related to the ThingWorx connection, since creating this new Thing?

Best regards,

Steven M

Hi Steve,

The IndConn_Server IS Connected (see screenshot) and I can browse to the tags in Kepware to create my new things, however the things are not connecting.  The other screenshot attached shows the Kepware logs where it shows that I am successfully connecting then a bunch of errors about adding Items but I think that is more due to configuration on the Kepware side.

drluggo
4-Participant
(To:drluggo)

Seems I forgot an attachment...

Greetings @drluggo,

Thanks for the additional screenshots. In the KEPServerEX Event Log, the error " Error adding item. | Item name: ". " is typically seen when Legacy Mode is enabled in KEPServerEX, but the Legacy Mode connection is not being used in ThingWorx. This setting exists mainly for connections with ThingWorx 7.4 or older, with the use of the "RemoteKEPServerEXThing" Thing Template. Unless you are using this older connection method, you will want to have Legacy Mode off.

To change this, open the KEPServerEX Project Properties > select the ThingWorx property group > set Legacy Mode to Disable.

For more information on version compatibility, and the Legacy Mode setting, see this post:

ThingWorx / KEPServerEX version compatibility chart

After making this change, do you find your connection and Property updates to the IndustrialThing are now successful?

Best regards,

Steven M

Yesssss!!!!!

Top Tags