cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Logging Duration of Value Change

vsbit
3-Visitor

Logging Duration of Value Change

Hi. Can't get my head around one thing.

I am using MFG Apps for Planned/Unplanned downtime mashup based on the equipment status id coming from PLC.

While the control advisor mashup has expressions for distinction between planned and unplanned downtime it has no means for drilling down into particular reasons within planned downtime reasons for example.

I am logging equipment status flag integer into a stream and it displays it in a grid with a timestamp.

But I want to create another column with the duration of the particular downtime cause. How would I do that? If I have only the start time. So I assume the trigger event would be the next status change and its time stamp would determine the duration? Or should I use Alert services for that?

My final goal is to have a pie chart of the unplanned downtime reason hours. Honestly Mfg Apps should have it along with multiple shift setup. Is there an indication when it will be added? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mnarang
17-Peridot
(To:vsbit)

What I understand from your use case is you want to further classify the fault reasons. For that you would want to record the start time when the fault happened and the end time when the fault recovered. If you have these two times then you can write JS service to classify the reasons according to time. Or else if you have different tag values coming for different reasons then you would not need start and end time, you can simple write JS subscription to save different reasons based on different values. So if you tell me which way you want then I can suggest you something .

Thanks,

Mukul Narang

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mnarang
17-Peridot

What I understand from your use case is you want to further classify the fault reasons. For that you would want to record the start time when the fault happened and the end time when the fault recovered. If you have these two times then you can write JS service to classify the reasons according to time. Or else if you have different tag values coming for different reasons then you would not need start and end time, you can simple write JS subscription to save different reasons based on different values. So if you tell me which way you want then I can suggest you something .

Thanks,

Mukul Narang

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @vsbit.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for participating in our community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags