cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Logs on Kepware projects when Thingworx is not running

rodolfocorral
8-Gravel

Logs on Kepware projects when Thingworx is not running

Hello,

Recently i have faced an issue with my Thingworx: after some days, the java memory gets full or something like that and thingworx crashes. I will post another case for the crashing, but this is for the logs that are being generated by KepserverEx, looks like it is trying to connect to Thingworx and is generating a lot of logs (every second) and that is not allowing us to focus on the logs generated by the application for each tag.

Is there a way to disable Thingworx communication or loggin when KepserverEx detects that there is not communication with Thingworx?

I'll be waiting for your comments,

Regards,Error ThingWorks.png

Rodolfo C.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @rodolfocorral,

These are the informational messages which says Data is being dropped because the ThingWorx platform is not available.

However you can disable to communication between ThingWorx and KepServerEx by setting the Enable property to No in Project Properties -> ThingWorx. PFB screenshot for reference.Capture

Thanks,

Himanshu

but what if Thingworx is down and i didn't noticed it.

Is there a way to avoid those messages by configuration?

No, there is not.  The only way to remove the messages would be to disable the interface.

Best regards,

Andy Servetas
Senior Technical Support Engineer | Kepware Technologies

Top Tags