cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

MFG APP with DemoSimulatorPackage demo data is getting very slow after running a couple of days.

weli
12-Amethyst

MFG APP with DemoSimulatorPackage demo data is getting very slow after running a couple of days.

Hi,

I have a vmware enviroment of MFG app (mixed with composer license), in the beginning the app speed is quite quick,but after a faw days, the performace of open app page is unacceptable.I understand this is not a production enviroment, but even for demo purpose, it makes customer concern. So how can I tuning the performance?

Anna An​Could you please help?

Thanks & Best Regards

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Steven,

Following your instruction, I found it takes time to request maps.google.com, since google map service is not accessible here in China,so I added the following lines to my host file

127.0.0.1 api.google.com

127.0.0.1 maps.google.com

127.0.0.1 fonts.googleapis.com

127.0.0.1 *.google.com

Now the performance of loading page is much better.

Thanks & Best Regards

Tom

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine
(To:weli)

Tom,

How many devices did you connect to ThingWorx with MFG APP?

ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps Setup and Configuration Guide.pdf

This document mentioned that suggested limitation device number is 250 or it will become somehow slow.

I did not install MFG Apps myself so did not see this problem on my ThingWorx server.

Anybody else has the same error?

Please give any your suggestions for Tom.

Thanks,

Br,

Anna

weli
12-Amethyst
(To:AnnaAn)

Hi Anna, with ptc demo data, I only have 24 decices.

Thanks.

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine
(To:weli)

Did you open the mashup with proxy server?

Anna

weli
12-Amethyst
(To:AnnaAn)

Surely not.

Best Regards

Tom

Greetings Tom,

Please help us to better understand the slow behavior you are seeing. (For example, the mashup/browser graphics load slowly, or the data updates are slow, etc.) Any specifics you can share would be helpful in deciding how to assist you.

Best regards,

Steven M

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine
(To:stmarchessault)

Hi Tom,

If the issue is somehow urgent, please log a case from

PTC support

Br,

Anna

Hi Steven,

Following your instruction, I found it takes time to request maps.google.com, since google map service is not accessible here in China,so I added the following lines to my host file

127.0.0.1 api.google.com

127.0.0.1 maps.google.com

127.0.0.1 fonts.googleapis.com

127.0.0.1 *.google.com

Now the performance of loading page is much better.

Thanks & Best Regards

Tom

Top Tags