cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Manufacturing Apps License Differences / Matrix

BryanK
14-Alexandrite

Manufacturing Apps License Differences / Matrix

Hi,

Is there are Matrix out there that explains what you can do with the different licence / versions of Manufacturing Apps. 

For example. 

1. Add a custom Role
  2. Change the logo 
  3. Change the color Scheme
  4. Change the layout
  5. Create my own layouts

I see there is a customization guide but that only shows me what I can do not what I'm allowed to do.

Thanks in advance.

Bryan

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @BryanK,

You can refer the document named "What’s New in ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps 8.x.x" to get the details of what all new features added to the corresponding version.

You can find the document at https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/doc/refdoc.jsp?p=browse_results&Product=ThingWorx+Manufacturing+Apps+Family&Release=&DocType=

Regards,

Himanshu

BryanK
14-Alexandrite
(To:hchanana)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but that's not what I'm looking for. 

I want to know what license of MFG Apps I must buy if I want to change something in MFG Apps.

What constitutes a customization vs configuration. 

Regards

Bryan

Hi @BryanK,

You can buy Standard Manufacturing app license.

With the standard license you can make customization's using the ThingWorx Composer as per your requirement.

Thanks,

Himanshu

BryanK
14-Alexandrite

Hi,

Thanks do you have a document that I can use as a reference?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Bryan,

You can refer the article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS271439 for downloading and installing license.

Make sure that you/your account is entitled for Manufacturing apps, then only you will get features of Manufacturing apps added into you license file.

If you are not entitled for manufacturing apps, please reach out to your sales representative.

Thanks,

Himanshu

BryanK
14-Alexandrite

Hi,

I work for a PTC reseller and we cant find the answer.

Regards

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:BryanK)

Hi @BryanK.

As a Partner, you will need to work with your PTC Partner rep for obtaining the licensing needed.  This licensing will allow you access to ThingWorx Composer for making customizations to the app.

Regards.

--Sharon

If either my response or Himanshu's has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

BryanK
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately again this is not what I'm looking for.

Firstly I have a full license of Thingworx and Manufacturing apps.  I can and know how to create my own mashups and how to customize the manufacturing apps. 

What I'm trying to figure out is the following. 

If I were to sell or buy Manufacturing Apps.

Is there are Matrix out there that explains what you can do with the different license / versions of Manufacturing Apps. 

For example if I wanted to 

1. Add a custom Role
  2. Change the logo 
  3. Change the color Scheme
  4. Change the layout
  5. Create my own layouts

Would the answer for the point above be?

1. Manufacturing apps
  2. Manufacturing apps and ThingWorx foundation
  3. Manufacturing apps
  4. Manufacturing apps and ThingWorx foundation.
  5. Thingworx foundation 

Or is the answer when you buy Manufacturing Apps, ThingWorx foundation is included and you can do what ever you like?

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:BryanK)

Hi @BryanK.

Generally, customizations are handled at the ThingWorx Composer level and as a Partner you have this level of access.

You will need to discuss the licensing options available for your customers with your Partner Rep.  This information can vary depending on client needs, level of expertise, etc., and possibly even version of product.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @BryanK.

We have been doing some additional research around your questions.

First, we need to clarify some information previously provided.  As a Partner, you should have full access to ThingWorx Composer.  However, for your customers, the Standard edition of ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps does not offer full access to Composer.  It provides the ability to edit existing mashups but does not allow for the creation of new ones, therefore the ability to customize is limited.

Both the Enterprise and Premium licensing allow full access to Composer for customization and creation of new mashups.

Your Partner Rep is the best resource for questions regarding licensing based on the needs of your customers.

Regards.

--Sharon

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

BryanK
14-Alexandrite

Hi thanks for the feedback. It's really helpful. To add to this can you give me clarity on the following
1. With the standard mfg app license, do customers get access to composer to customise the OOTB apps without creating new apps?

2. Can they use Rest API calls to connect to external systems and controllers such as Arduinos?

3. Can they use the micro edge server and/or the TWX SDKs to connect to equipment?

1. It depends on type of license. Freemium - 90 days (starting 8.3), Standard - not full composer access, Premium/Enterprise will have full Composer access.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

Top Tags