cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Manufacturing Apps role based permissions

eengelbrecht
11-Garnet

Manufacturing Apps role based permissions

Good day,

I have a question with regards to the roles in manufacturing apps, particularly Controls Engineer. It is my understanding that the Controls Engineer has limited permissions but when I assign the Controls Engineer role to a user, it seems that user has permissions to view all the tiles and use all the tile functionalities. 

Should Controls Engineer have the permissions to view and use all the tiles and their functionalities?

I am currently using ThingWorx version 8.3

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Greetings @eengelbrecht,

It is the product feature that Control Engineer role user can see all the tile. Please refer below screenshot for the tiles visible to the particular role.

Capture.PNG

You can refer Configuring Users section in ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps Setup and Configuration Guide for more details on User and role setup.

Thanks,

Himanshu

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Greetings @eengelbrecht,

It is the product feature that Control Engineer role user can see all the tile. Please refer below screenshot for the tiles visible to the particular role.

Capture.PNG

You can refer Configuring Users section in ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps Setup and Configuration Guide for more details on User and role setup.

Thanks,

Himanshu

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question

@hchanana Thank you

Top Tags