cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

OPC Server status is always in a red cross

rodolfocorral
8-Gravel

OPC Server status is always in a red cross

Hello!

It's me again, this is because after i reinstall thingworx in a ubuntu server, with a postgresql database (everything looks fine) the OPC servers i used to monitor before are marked in a red cross in the Status column, and the Device status show a "0" in green.

It looks like after the reinstall, the application cannot connect to the OPC Servers.

Any idea?statusred_twx.png

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @rodolfocorral so if i get it right you are connecting these servers to ThingWorx via OPC DA Extension? I'm not sure how you were authenticating, may be the AppKeys need to be checked validating the authentication.

Also, I would check for the ThingWorx logs in the ThingworxStorage/logs folder to see what sort of error is being reported.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @rodolfocorral so if i get it right you are connecting these servers to ThingWorx via OPC DA Extension? I'm not sure how you were authenticating, may be the AppKeys need to be checked validating the authentication.

Also, I would check for the ThingWorx logs in the ThingworxStorage/logs folder to see what sort of error is being reported.

App key was incorrect.

The bad thing is that i need to recreate an appkey each time i restore the server where the app resides.

Top Tags