cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Operator Advisor: How can a ProcessingResourceClass have a ThingName?

jasperlg
12-Amethyst

Operator Advisor: How can a ProcessingResourceClass have a ThingName?

Hi, 

I'm going through the proces of understanding the entire datamodel of OA. I've looked into ProcessingResourceClass. Why does this table have a field called "ThingName"?

In my understanding ProcessingResourceClass is just a class for a recource like tools, equipment, workstation type, ... but not an instance in itself. 

Jasper

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fmok
5-Regular Member
(To:jasperlg)

Hi Jasper,

Out of the box, the processing resource would not have a thingname. It is not a required field, but we included it in the model if users ever wanted to create a customization that created Things that represented tools or other processing resource. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SebB
12-Amethyst

Hey @jasperlg 

a processing resource is a piece of equipment of asset that is used to complete work orders.

By creating a processing resource you can enter the ThingName of the an Asset in thingworx to link it with this object. If you use a tool that is connected to thingworx and sends data you can bring this in context with the processing resource definition.

Seb

Seb
Principal Solution Experience Architect
PTC
jasperlg
12-Amethyst
(To:SebB)

@SebB

I understand what a ProcessingResource is and that it can have a ThingName. I don't understand how a ProcessingResourceClass can have a ThingName, since this is more a type of recources like tools or equipment, but how I understand this, this is not an instance of anything. 

Jasper

fmok
5-Regular Member

Hi Jasper,

Out of the box, the processing resource would not have a thingname. It is not a required field, but we included it in the model if users ever wanted to create a customization that created Things that represented tools or other processing resource. 

Top Tags