cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Performance Calculation for a Line Resource

jristey
5-Regular Member

Performance Calculation for a Line Resource

For a Line resource "3-1_Line", I have configured the Status to be that of the "bottleneck" Asset resource - "3-1_PaintBooth2" and part counts to come from the final Asset in the line "3-1_FinishOven"..  The availability for the line is less than the asset since it was configured later and the part counts match up well for quality - 73% vs. 74%.  Not sure why I get a 395% performance value though for the line?????  Shouldn't the line performance value be based on the configured part counts and ideal run rate?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your configuration looks correct. The actual formula used is Performance = (Total Count / Run Time) / Ideal Run Rate. I am not sure where they are reading Run Time from, I suspect they are using Line value. I believe you want to use your bottle neck Run Time Value. I am not sure how to achieve this in the UI. However you can override the CustomizedPerformanceCalculation service  in PTC.Factory.StatusExpressionResourceProvider. It takes ThingId and ootb calculated value as input.

Thanks,

Varathan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

John,

What is the Performance Metrics Configuration you have at Line level?

Thanks,

Varathan

jristey
5-Regular Member
(To:vranganathan)

For the line, I have configured the same as the final Asset in the line:

Your configuration looks correct. The actual formula used is Performance = (Total Count / Run Time) / Ideal Run Rate. I am not sure where they are reading Run Time from, I suspect they are using Line value. I believe you want to use your bottle neck Run Time Value. I am not sure how to achieve this in the UI. However you can override the CustomizedPerformanceCalculation service  in PTC.Factory.StatusExpressionResourceProvider. It takes ThingId and ootb calculated value as input.

Thanks,

Varathan

jristey
5-Regular Member
(To:vranganathan)

Thanks Varathan - I needed to wait for the calculation to stabilize.  Once the data had been collected for a while for the line, it seemed to be correct.  Thank you for the prompt response.

Top Tags