cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Permissions for Asset Detail Menu

bmellish
5-Regular Member

Permissions for Asset Detail Menu

When using Asset Advisor, drilling into an asset and viewing the Asset Detail page, my regular (Maintenance Engineer) users get the following error:

Not authorized for ServiceInvoke on GetEffectiveMenu in 3DS.PTC.SCA.SCO.AssetMonitor.AssetDetail.ActionMenu]

The administrators do not have this problem.  Are special permissions required for the Action Menu?  There is also a service PTC.SCA.SCO.AssetMonitor.AssetDetail.AssetDetailServiceController

Which fails when you call GetMenu with the following error:

Unable to Invoke Service GetMenu on PTC.SCA.SCO.AssetMonitor.AssetDetail.AssetDetailServiceController : null]

I verified that the service is getting the correct input arguments, but there is some deeper permission issue here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bmellish
5-Regular Member
(To:slangley)

This problem was cause by a "ghost" thing.  I ran a delete on a few assets that were generating error messages when I hit the page, but did not exist.  Somehow asset advisor holds on to a reference to things that were removed via the platform.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:bmellish)

Hi Ben.

For the first concern around the Asset Details page, we are going to create a case and will then need to schedule a WebEx so we can get a better understanding of the issue.

In regard to the 2nd issue, it appears that no inputs are being passed to the GetMenu service, since it's returning a null, though you indicated you had validated the inputs that are being passed.  Is this working for Administrators or is everyone experiencing this issue?  What user is calling the Service?

Regards.

--Sharon

bmellish
5-Regular Member

This problem was cause by a "ghost" thing.  I ran a delete on a few assets that were generating error messages when I hit the page, but did not exist.  Somehow asset advisor holds on to a reference to things that were removed via the platform.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:bmellish)

Ben.

This tool may be helpful for removing "ghost" objects:  https://marketplace.thingworx.com/tools/ghost-entities-cleaner

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi Ben.

Since you found the cause of your issue, would you mind marking it with  "Accept as Solution" for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags