cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Re: Thingworx Extension ThingWorx-Manufacturing-Apps-8.1.0-extensionbundle import failed

thingworxuser
10-Marble

Re: Thingworx Extension ThingWorx-Manufacturing-Apps-8.1.0-extensionbundle import failed

Hi Sharon,

I am using Thingworx 8.1 and it is licensed version. I have made Java changes as told in document. 

ThingWorx-Manufacturing-Apps-8.1.0-06-extension-dependencies.zip which is around 23 MB imported successfully. But 2nd extension ThingWorx-Manufacturing-Apps-8.1.0-06-extension.zip (4MB) import is failing.

Thanks,

Shiva

Regards & Thanks,
Shiva
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi Shiva.

For the sake of others who may be reading this thread, we found that the C:\ThingworxPostgresqlStorage folder was empty indicating that an issue occurred when the scripts for creating the PostgreSQL database were run.  Dropping the thingworx database and tablespace and rerunning the scripts per the ThingWorx installation guide resolved the issue.

The following article captures additional information and other causes of this particular error:  https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS269814

If you feel my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

Downloaded Thingworx Manufacturing Apps Extension ThingWorx-Manufacturing-Apps-8.1.0-extensionbundle.zip and unzipped. Tried importing ThingWorx-Manufacturing-Apps-8.1.0-extensiondependencies.zip and ThingWorx-Manufacturing-Apps-8.1.0-extension.zip into Thingworx Composer in the order specified in the document. ThingWorx-Manufacturing-Apps-8.1.0-extensiondependencies.zip  1st extension is imported successfully, but 2nd extension (ThingWorx-Manufacturing-Apps-8.1.0-extension.zip) import is failing and throwing NullPointerException. Validation of extension is successful but import is failing. SCO_Common_extension, AppHomePage-extension, KepServerPlantstatus-extensions are failing and getting NullPointerException.

Import failed screen is attached.

Please let me know what could be the reason for this issue.

Regards & Thanks,
Shiva

Greetings.

A few thing would need to be checked:

1) If ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps is a new product for you, did you update your license?

2) Did you make the java changes recommended on page 11-12 of the ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps Setup and Configuration Guide?

3) Which version of ThingWorx are you running?  Since you are attempting to import the 8.1.0 version of Manufacturing Apps, your ThingWorx version should also be 8.1.

Regards.

--Sharon

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Hi Shiva.

You indicated you have a licensed version of ThingWorx 8.1, however, you must also own an entitlement to ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps, as well.  If you can send me a private message with your name and your company name, I can validate that you own this entitlement.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi Shiva.

For the sake of others who may be reading this thread, we found that the C:\ThingworxPostgresqlStorage folder was empty indicating that an issue occurred when the scripts for creating the PostgreSQL database were run.  Dropping the thingworx database and tablespace and rerunning the scripts per the ThingWorx installation guide resolved the issue.

The following article captures additional information and other causes of this particular error:  https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS269814

If you feel my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Top Tags