cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps 8.1 Freemium is Available for Download!

ljam
9-Granite

ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps 8.1 Freemium is Available for Download!

Hello,

I have the same issue and I find and delete registry keys in regedit:

(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SYSTEM->CurrentControlSet->Services ->Thingworx_server)

(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->PTC and POSTGRESQL)

I delete folders in C:/ too, but I have the same problem in the installation of manufacturing apps. I can´t do re-create my server 2012 R2. Are there other registry keys in regedit? Could you help me with this problem? I attach 2 images and the log about installation.

Thank you in advance

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hchanana
16-Pearl
(To:ljam)

Hi @ljam ,

ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps trial installer is a complete bundle and installs all required software like Java, Tomcat and Postgres on the machine and it works independently. There is no  connection of this with your Thingworx Foundation trial 8.4 is installed in server "1".

Looking at the error "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it" seems to be an issue with the database configuration or tomcat server not able to connect with database.

Can you please check the configuration and try to use port other than 80 as 80 is the default window port and might be used by some other services.

Can you please go through the trial installation guide and try it again.

Thanks,

Himanshu

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
hchanana
16-Pearl

Hi @ljam ,

As you have mentioned that you have Thingworx foundation trial 8.4 installed on your server and you are getting errors while trying to install Manufacturing Apps trial 8.4. The errors might be occurring because of conflict between Thingworx foundation and Manufacturing Apps trial installer as there are already software like Postgres, tomcat is already installed with Thingworx.

We recommend you to install manufacturing apps trial on a separate server and it need at least 2GB of disk space, 4 cores, and 8GB of RAM.

Thanks,

Himanshu

ljam
9-Granite
(To:hchanana)

Hello @hchanana,

Thank you for your response. I have 2 servers, Thingworx Foundation trial 8.4 is installed in server "1" with 16 GB of RAM and 4 cores and I´m trying to install Thingworx Manufacturing Apps in server "2" with 16 GB of RAM and 4 cores too. I don´t know why have this error but I think that the installer can´t connect with Thingworx Foundation in server 1.

I found this error in the log file:

Error accessing ThingWorx Foundation connection: Get http://localhost:80/Thingworx: dial tcp [::1]:80: connectex: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

The port is correct but IP shouldn´t be localhost (127.0.0.1).

How can I give a IP address at the time of installation?

Thank you in advance,

Luis

hchanana
16-Pearl

Hi @ljam ,

ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps trial installer is a complete bundle and installs all required software like Java, Tomcat and Postgres on the machine and it works independently. There is no  connection of this with your Thingworx Foundation trial 8.4 is installed in server "1".

Looking at the error "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it" seems to be an issue with the database configuration or tomcat server not able to connect with database.

Can you please check the configuration and try to use port other than 80 as 80 is the default window port and might be used by some other services.

Can you please go through the trial installation guide and try it again.

Thanks,

Himanshu

ljam
9-Granite
(To:hchanana)

Hi @hchanana,

Thank you for your response, I have installed Manufacturing Apps in other server, "3" without problems. In this server there are not other thingworx software as Analytics trial. Maybe it and the use of port 80 can be the cause of the problem with the installation.

Thank you for your help.

Luis

Top Tags