cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps Trial Version "Status Of Week" Does not Work

SOLVED

Re: ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps Trial Version "Status Of Week" Does not Work

Hi Varathan,

It's allready working. I was using "," as decimal separator as you said. So I switched format of date and also "Language for non-Unicode programs" to English. Then I reinstalled Thingworx and KEPServerEX and it's working now.

Thank you for yesterday's Webex meeting and your help. I hope you fix error with comma soon,

Stanislav

Untitled2.png

Untitled.png

thx.PNG

View solution in original post

Greetings Stanislav,

Thank you for following up and sharing these results with us!

Murat Can Berber​ and Ozgur Aslan​, can you try following the steps described by Stanislav to change the Windows' language settings? In particular, set the decimal separator as a period instead of a comma, and set the "Language for non-Unicode programs" to English. You will likely need to reinstall ThingWorx to get these new language settings to be fully adopted by the application.

Varathan discovered what may be an issue with how the floating point values are being parsed into a data table, with a comma specified as a delimiter. For OS language settings where the comma is used as the decimal point, this will cause the floats to be incorrectly separated around the decimal point.

We need to reproduce and investigate this internally. In the meantime, please try to workaround described above and let us know how it goes.

Best regards,

Steven M

Hello Steven Marchessault​,

I tried all the steps that Stanislav described, uninstalled everything and installed again, but problem was not resolved.

Anyway, changing the local settings of OS is not the correct solution because me and my customers live in Turkey and need to use local settings. I can't offer a change like this to anyone.

There should be a localization setting in the App.

Greetings Ozgur,

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, agreed-- adjusting the OS language settings should not be a requirement for the mashup to work. The objective now is to find a short-term workaround for you until we have a more permanent solution available.

Please confirm, did you also test setting the "Language for non-Unicode programs" to English, as well?

Best regards,

Steven M

Hello Steven,

I switched to another laptop to setup Manufacuring Apps from scratch. After confguring everything as Stanislav described, the chart worked well as you can see below. Thanks everybody!

I'll eventually use the new laptop for customer demos, till a permanent solution is available

Kind Regards,

Özgür

Hello Ozgur,

Thank you for the update. Please feel free to start a new thread if any other questions arise.

Best regards,

Steven M

Announcements