cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps and Industrial Connectivity installation prerequisites

SaranKarthick
16-Pearl

ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps and Industrial Connectivity installation prerequisites

Hi @slangley,

There is an installation issue with respect to license.

The installation steps are as follows:

1. I have created "ThingworxPlatform" and "ThingworxPostgresqlStorage" in the root directory(C:\)
  2. I have placed the platform.settings.json file in the platform folder.
  3. I was following the disconnected scenario for obtaining the license.
    • No change was made in the json file (I used the same as provided from the installables). I started the tomcat
    • No licenserequestfile.txt was generated, so i had used GetInstanceID service on the LicensingSubsystem to retrieve the Instance ID. I observed the below errors
      Was not able to complete metrics auto enrollment. Could not reach provision server.
      Unable to retrieve license from FNO server because Connection reset
    • I had retrieved the license file from the License Management Portal.
    • I had renamed it to "license_capability_response.bin" and placed it in the platform folder.
    • Then i ran the AcquireLicense API from Licensing Subsystem. I got the below error
      1.Unable to acquire twx_prd_adv_named, error message is Start date for the requested feature is in the future
      2.[message: Start date for the requested feature is in the future]
    • The license file was renamed to "ignored_license_capability_response.bin"

Please provide assistance with this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

For the sake of others in the Community, the solution to the error "Start date for the requested feature is in the

future" was to create a case with the License Management team for resolving the future start date.  Once the future start date was updated appropriately, a new license file was generated.

Refer to article for more information.

Regards.

--Sharon

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @SaranKarthick.

Since you generated the license manually from the License Management portal, it's not necessary to run the AcquireLicense service in order to update it.  Try renaming the file back to license_capability_response.bin and restarting Tomcat to see if that resolves the issue.

Note:  Depending on the number of entitlements owned by your company, it can take several minutes to acquire a license.  Therefore, the system may have timed out resulting in the issue you experienced.

Please let us know if this resolves the issue.  If not, we will probably need to open a case for further investigation.

Regards.

--Sharon

hi @slangley,

I got "Unable to retrieve license from FNO server because Unable to acquire twx_prd_adv_named: Start date for the requested feature is in the future.[Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@ca571b5" error in the application errors.

The license file renamed to "ignored_license_capability_response" and the tomcat stopped automatically. I can send you the license file if need be.

regards,

Saran

Hi @SaranKarthick.

Yes, please send me a private message with your license file and a .zip of the files in \ThingworxStorage\Logs.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

For the sake of others in the Community, the solution to the error "Start date for the requested feature is in the

future" was to create a case with the License Management team for resolving the future start date.  Once the future start date was updated appropriately, a new license file was generated.

Refer to article for more information.

Regards.

--Sharon

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Top Tags