cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

ThingWorx SCO integration

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

ThingWorx SCO integration

Hi,

I am using the ThingWorx v8.2. What is the ThingWorx sco and how to incorporate it with ThingWorx? Is there any extension available for this?

I know that the manufacturing apps has the sco extensions and it is used for assets. 

But Can we incorporate the SCO functionality in standalone ThingWorx? I have few questions like:

1) What is a connected asset in ThingWorxSco?

2) What are included in ThingWorx sco Enterprise subcription?

3) What are they refering to 15 users is included in Enterprise platform in Thingworx SCO?

Please provide some idea.

Thanks,

Shalini V.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@svisveswaraiya 

for clarification, SCO (Smart Connected Operations) is describing the use of Thingworx for manufacturing use cases. Besides of the Manufacturing Apps there is no specific software.

Seb

Seb
Principal Solution Experience Architect
PTC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @svisveswaraiya 

Thingworx SCO (Smart Connected Operations) indicates the use of Thingworx for manufacturing use cases. The manufacturing apps are accelerator apps to help you in your first steps implementing Thingworx in your production.

In this context one connected Asset is one connection to a machine, PLC or sensor hub that allows you to collect data. 

The Thingworx SCO Enterprise license includes the MFG apps, 15 users, 2500 connected assets, Thingworx Analytics and the possibility to edit and create your own applications in Thingworx.

In addition you have some other options to add like AR with Vuforia Studio and Thingworx Industrial Connectivity.

To your last point here the definition of users: "SCO Users pricing is for all users of the platform with a log-in id"

Please notice that we change packaging and pricing over time and this information could be out dated in some time. For detailed informations to pricing and packaging I suggest you contact your PTC sales representative.

Seb

Seb
PTC

Hi SebB,

Thanks for you response. If I wanted to download the SCO package set up, from where can I? Or should I download the apps as standalone? I am already having ThingWorx v8.2 with Mfg apps running in it.

@svisveswaraiya 

for clarification, SCO (Smart Connected Operations) is describing the use of Thingworx for manufacturing use cases. Besides of the Manufacturing Apps there is no specific software.

Seb

Seb
PTC
Top Tags